The Greenlist of English Schools in Japan

Thoughts and Opinions on Teaching English in Japan, plus many lists of good schools in Japan at our homepage. You can post your resume or job for free too. Check out the homepage!

Monday, October 25, 2010

I was going to be the next Steve Martin.......

I was going to be the next Steve Martin. My heart was set on becoming a comedian. Never did I think I would be in Japan - English teaching!

When I was younger, I was interviewed and had even performed some comedy on CBC radio in Canada. I also performed at Yuk Yuk`s and Punchlines in Vancouver.

I had majored in theatre and felt that was where I was headed - a career in comedy and comedic acting.

However I came to the realization that I didn`t want to be living out of a suitcase, traveling to various cities in Canada. While at first it would have been excitng, I could see that I wanted a wife, kids and a nice home. I wanted to be based in the same town.

Read More

Labels: , , ,