The Greenlist of English Schools in Japan

Thoughts and Opinions on Teaching English in Japan, plus many lists of good schools in Japan at our homepage. You can post your resume or job for free too. Check out the homepage!

Monday, January 31, 2011

ECC

ECC, a large chain of English Schools in Japan

When I taught for ECC, they watched you by camera in each classroom.  It was like being in
1984, the story by George Orwell.    I think they have done away with the cameras.
I was paid 276-279,000 as a first year teacher but that salary is now, 252,000/Month.


It is still a good school to start with however.

On This SchoolAs said, I worked for them myself and so have some friends. It could be a pretty cold place to work at and they don`t seem to like teachers staying longer than a few years. That is my impression based on the stories of good friends and my experience of working there.

What I really mean is Head Office like many head offices could be cold. If you had a good manager and good colleagues though, teaching at ECC could be a lot of fun, and often was for me.

Read More

Labels: